|MC Alyson Hulley-Jaffries assisted by Paul Kierdal.|
9 AM Polish music on CDs.
Live concert from 10,30 am
1. Jim Lay, Bushfire down in Jindabyne & other songs
2. Sydney Windjammers, music by Kosciuszko and others
3.Official Opening and presentation of photo gifts. Speeches by Mayor of Cooma, Tony Kaltoum & Polish Consul General Prof. Ryszard Sarkowicz. Special welcome to Les Strzelecki; Invitation to the “Mound & Mt Kosciuszko” Exhibition & to Strzelecki Family Exhibition (both in marquees)
4.National Premiere of Dances to Kosciuszko Music:
a) Polish Song & Dance Ensemble “Lajkonik”: Kosciuszko Polonaise in C major
b) Kosciuszko Waltz in B Flat Major – Barbara Gadd (Lady Franklin), Robert Mitas (Sir Paul E. Strzelecki)
5. David Turner: Cuckoo Waltz, Mudge Waltz, Irish tune on accordion
6. Cooma Dance School - Dances
7. Announcements – all about stalls; Polish beer “Zywiec” & Polish Honey Vodka available at Cooma Hotel
8. Olivia Kierdal - 2 songs incl. “Strzelecki” song
9. Vashek & Vendulka Duo - Folk songs
10. Alicia Polak – Song “Let us not forget about Strzelecki”
11. Polish Song and Dance Ensemble “Lajkonik” (Junior Ensemble) Folk Dance “Goralskie”
12. “Lajkonik” Ensemble (Senior Group) Fold Dance –Dances from the Zywiec Region
13. “Lajkonik” Junior Ensemble – Folk Dance Dziochy
14. Halina Gad – soprano- 2 songs incl. „Kosciuszko look on us from heaven”
15. John Hospodaryk, songs about Kosciuszko & Strzelecki
16. Pol Hop (Children music & dance group) 2 numbers
17. Snowy Centenary Choir, Snowy Anthem & 2 songs
18. Paul Dion, saxophone, Kosciuszko Waltz
19. Vashek & Vendulka, Czech Duo, 3 musical pieces
20. “Lajkonik: Senior Ensemble Folk Dance: Dances from the region of Nowy Sacz
21. David Turner, folk tunes on accordion
22. “Lajkonik” Senior Ensemble, Polish National Dance:”Kujawiak-Oberek”
23. Music Jam Session: Krzysztof Małek, Joanna Gad, Krzysztof Gad and Adam Wąsiel.
24. Polish music on CD.
25. Puls Polonii presents a video documentary: National Premiere of Kosciuszko Music on Mt Kosciuszko, Feb 17th 2007, (20 mins).
What's on the stalls?
Food, memorabilia, antiques, CDs, jewellery...
POLISH BEER ŻYWIEC & POLISH HONEY VODKA
available in Cooma Hotel right at the back of Centennial Park.
What's on the Mound & Mt Kosciuszko exhibition?
William Charles Piguenit, “Mt Kosciusko” (1903), oil on canvas. Courtesy Art Gallery of New South Wales. Sponsored by Polish Educational Society & Ela Cesarska
T. B. Stachowicz, “Pochód z ziemią spod Racławic” (Procession to Kosciuszko Mound with soil from Raclawice battlefield) 19th century, oil on canvas. Sponsored by the Polish Consulate in Sydney;
and series of colour photographs of Kosciuszko Mound and Mt Kosciuszko, sponsored by prominent Polish-Australian academics, community leaders & businesses:
1. Marcin Olesinski, Kopiec Kościuszki w dzień, (Kosciuszko Mound by day), sponsored by Prof. Anna Wierzbicka, ANU
2. Marcin Olesinski, Kopiec Kościuszki nocą, (Kosciuszko Mound by night)[/b], sponsored by Prof. Andrzej Kozek, Macquarie Uni, Sydney
3. Tomasz Binkowski, Granitowy kamień na Kopcu Kościuszki, [i](Tatra granite on top of Kosciuszko Mound) , sponsored by Dr Maria Wrońska-Friend, Cairns, Qld
4. Tomasz Binkowski, Widok z Kopca Kościuszki, (View from the Kosciuszko Mound), sponsored by Jadwiga & Jerzy Krajewski, Sydney
5. Marcin Olesinski, Generał Kościuszko na koniu, (Gen. Kosciuszko on Horse, Wawel Castle, Cracow) sponsored by Regina & Mieczysław Swat, Sydney
6. Marcin Olesinski, Ratusz i Sukiennice , (Cracow, Old Town Square where T. Kosciuszko took an oath to lead the National Insurrection), sponsored by Prof. Ben Gołdys, NSW Uni, Sydney
7. Photo Puls Polonii, Pomnik Strzeleckiego w Jindabyne, (Sir. P.Strzelecki monument in Jindabyne, „This way to Mt Kosciuszko”) sponsored by Dr Maria Strzałek, Sydney
8. copyright DEC, Mt Kosciuszko aerial view , Courtesy Kosciuszko National Park, sponsored by Anna Sawter, The Polish Place, Mt Tamborine, Qld
9. Puls Polonii, “Mt Kosciuszko as seen by Sir Strzelecki?”, sponsored by Dr Kaja Łukaszewicz, Sydney
10. Lajkonik Ensemble, “Lajkonik boys on Mt Kosciuszko” – sponsored by Dr Renata Murawska, Macquarie Uni, Sydney
11. Puls Polonii , “Sydney Windjammers – The first Aussies to play Kosciuszko music on Mt Kosciuszko”, sponsored by Magna Carta Travel, Sydney
12. Puls Polonii, “A perfect weather for Sydney Windjammers”, sponsored by Dr Kaja Łukaszewicz, Sydney
13. Puls Polonii, “Graham Wood & David Keetley: dreams coming true”, sponsored by Polish Consulate in Sydney
14. Puls Polonii, “Paul Dion, improvisation of Kosciuszko Waltz” , sponsored by Alex Dziubiński, Sydney
15. Puls Polonii, “John Hospodaryk singing about Gen. Kosciuszko”, sponsored by The Polish Consulate in Sydney
16. Puls Polonii, “Lajkonik” Mountain dances on Mt Kosciuszko, sponsored by Orbis Express International Travel
17.Puls Polonii, “Lajkonik”, Dance with sticks on Mt Kosciuszko, Sponsored by The Polish Community Council in Australia and New Zealand
18. Lajkonik Ensemble, “Lajkonik dancers on top of Australia” sponsored by Anna Sawter, The Polish Place, Mt Tamborine, Qld
19. Lajkonik Ensemble, “Lajkonik dancers at Charlotte Pass”, sponsored by Dr Kaja Łukaszewicz
20. Puls Polonii “Sunset over Mt Kosciuszko”, sponsored by the Polish Consulate in Sydney.
Mound & Mt Kosciuszko Festival in Jindabyne
organized by “Puls Polonii” & “Lajkonik” Ensemble
being sponsored by:
1. The Polish Consulate in Sydney, www.poland.org.au
2.Polish Community Council of Australia & New Zealand, www.polish.org.au
3.Anna Sawter, The Polish Place, Mt Tamborine, Qld www.polishplace.com.au
4.Orbis Express International Travel, www.orbisexpress.com.au
5.Simpliciti Phone, Mobile, Internet,
6.Zywiec Polish Beer & Medos Vodka, www.cobrol.com.au
7.Bartek Painting, House & Commercial Painting Services, www.bartekpainting.com
8.Xtreme Printing, Crows Nest, NSW, firstname.lastname@example.org
9.Australian-Polish Association in Sydney Inc., www.australianpolish.org/
10. Kasper Kacprzak, K.C.Balancing Services, a Division of K.C.Air Conditioning Pty Ltd
11.Magna Carta Travel email@example.com
* W.C. Piguenit “Mt Kosciusko” - courtesy of Art Gallery of New South Wales
* T.B.Stachowicz “Pochód z ziemią spod Racławic” – courtesy of Cracow City Historical Museum & Kosciuszko Mound in Cracow.
Special thanks to:
1. Łukasz Świątek of Puls Polonii
2.Elizabeth Cesarski of Polish Educational Society
3. Barbara Aleksandrowicz-Dąbrowa, arts conservator, Art Gallery of New South Wales
4. Grzegorz Dąbrowa of “Dabrowa Gallery” in Roseville.